Distributed in Mexico at altitudes from 1,000 to 1,400 m.
Tillandsia belloensis W. Weber (1983)
- [ Etymology ] bellus in Latin (beautiful)
- [ Classification ] genus Tillandsia
- [ Cultivation data ]
- [ Flowers ]
- [ Blooming foliages ]
- [ Inflorescences ]
- [ Green foliages ]
- [ Pups ]
- [ Seed pods ]
- [ Seeds ]
- [ Seedlings (2020) ]
- [ Blooming ] April - May, for 25 days
- [ Flower ] Pale purple
- [ Fregrance ] None
- [ Blooming size ] 10 - 15 cm (W) x 10 - 20 cm (H)
- This species is often labeled as T. polystachia.
- There are such differences from T. polystachia as: The bracts cover the lower half of flower spikes. The bracts of the inflorescence are pendulous. Leaves have more trichomes and it has a mat luster.
Informations summarized here are based on our experiences, and TrekGEO does not guarantee the results by cultivating in the same or similar conditions described here. Even a species of Tillandsia differs substantially between individuals, and is very sensitive in changes of environments. Applicatons of any idea inspired by this site should be at your own risks.
Grows very well. Blooms every year. 2 pups grow from a foliage every 1-2 years.
- Mar. 2020 An offset began to grow from the bottom of the foliage.
- Jan. 2020 2 seed pods opened at the same time and seeds were scattered.
- July 2019 2 seed pods began to grow.
- Apr. 2019 It bloomed.
- Feb. 2019 An inflorescence began to grow.