[ Top ] [ Japanese fossil flora ] [ Japanese ]
A typical member of Daijima-type flora.
- Type locality: Akita prefecture
- early Miocene (22 - 20 Ma)
- Strata: Utto Formation
- Climate: Warm temperate - Subtropical, Basal zone
- Mainly composed of warm climate evergreen broad-leaved trees and deciduous broad-leaved trees, and conifers indicating southern distribution.
- [ Index fossils ]
- Calocedrus sp.
- Comptonia sp.
- family Fagaceae
- family Lauraceae
- Liquidambar sp.
- Kano (2018) Jour. Geol. Soc. Japan, vol.124, no.10, pp.781-803.
- Kano et. al. (2012) Geology of the Aniai District, 2nd Edition, 1:50,000 Quadrangle Series, Geological Survey of Japan, AIST, 59p. (in Japanese with English abstract 4p.)