[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Toguhama Formation (Shibata and Fujita, 1966) Ishii et al., 1983
Minatohama Siltstone Member was included in Siltstone Member of Otsuka Formation by Ishii et al. (1983).
- Type locality: Toguhama - Ekiraku, Shichigahama city, Miyagi county, Miyagi prefecture
- Volcanic rocks
- middle Miocene (15.5 Ma, K-Ar)
- Interfingered: Siltstone Member
- Sedimentary facies: Marine
- Sedimentary facies: Pyroturbidite
- Lithofacies: Dacitic breccia, Tuffaceous sandstone
- Lithofacies (Minor): Tuffaceous siltstone
- Paleocurrent: West to East
------ Conformity, ~~~~~~ Unconformity, ~~~--- Local unconformity, '''/,, Interfingered, :::::: Fault, /--/-- Thrust, +__+__ Ground surface, ?--?-- Unknown
- Distribution: Toguhama - Ekiraku, Shichigahama city, Miyagi county, Miyagi pref.; Takasaki, Tagajo city, Miyagi pref.
- Kitamura et al. (1986) Geology of the Sendai District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 134p. (in Japanese with English abstract 9p.)
- Ishii et al. (1983) Geology of the Shiogama District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 112p. (in Japanese with English abstract 6p.)