[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Gozaisho Metamorphic Rocks (Koto, 1893)
A part of so-called Abukuma Belt.
- Deposition: pre-Cambrian?
- Metamorphism: ?
- Metamorphic facies: Greenschist, Epidote-amphibolite, Amphibolite
- Lithofacies: Green schist, Amphibolite
- Lithofacies (Minor): Micaceous schist, Psammitic schist, Siliceous schist
- Lithofacies (Protolith): Mafic tuff breccia, Lava, Intrusive rocks
- Lithofacies (Protolith, Minor): Acidic volcanic rocks, Sandstone, Slate
------ Conformity, ~~~~~~ Unconformity, ~~~--- Local unconformity, '''/,, Interfingered, :::::: Fault, /--/-- Thrust, +__+__ Ground surface, ?--?-- Unknown
- Distribution: Abukuma mountains, Fukushima pref.
- Kano et al. (1973) Geology of the Takanuki District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 109p. (in Japanese with English abstract 6p.)
- Iwao and Matsui (1961) Taira and Kawamae, Explanatory Text of the Geological Map of Japan, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 103p. (in Japanese with English abstract 17p.)