[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Shimonagasaki Conglomerate and Shale Member Yanagisawa et al., 1985
- Coherent formation
- Basal conglomerate
- Intruded by: Dolerite
- Lithofacies: Unsorted breccia
- Lithofacies (Basal): Interbedded arkose sandstone and conglomerate
- Lithofacies (Minor): Sandstone, Siltstone, Shale, Conglomerate
- Thickness: ca. 120 m
- Lower limit: Unconformity (Ultramafic rocks, Cretaceous granites)
------ Conformity, ~~~~~~ Unconformity, ~~~--- Local unconformity, '''/,, Interfingered, :::::: Fault, /--/-- Thrust, +__+__ Ground surface, ?--?-- Unknown
- Distribution: Noborikawa river, Shimonagasaki - Ikazawa river, Minamiuonuma city, Niigata pref.
- Fossils (Daijima-type flora): Fagus antipofi, Parrotia sp.
- Chihara and Komatsu (1992) Geology of the Hakkaisan District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 107p. (in Japanese with English abstract 8p.)
- Yanagisawa et al. (1985) Geology of the Tokamachi District, Quadrangle Series, Scale 1:50,000, Geological Survey of Japan, 104p. (in Japanese with English abstract 6p.)