[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
- Class: Oxide - Hydrate
- Main component of Manganese crusts and Manganese nodules with smooth surface from deep sea floor.
- Included in Manganese nodules of rough surface with Buserite by forming concentric zoning structure.
- Absorb Co, Pt, Ir, Os, Pd, Rh, Ru, and so on.
- Questionable if this is an independent species.
- Color: Black
- Streak: Dark brown
- Luster: Resinous
- Diaphaneity: Opaque
- Significance: Strong oxidized condition. Precipitate directly from sea water or fresh water.