[ Top ] [ Japanese ]
Amphibole supergroup [abbr. Amp ]
Year of discovery: 1889 (Japan)
Locality list: 925 localities of amphibole
- [A][B2][C5][ X2 |(T4O11)2]
- A: [ 2+: Ca, Pb ][ 1+: Na, K, Li ][ 0:  ]
- B: [ 2+: Ca, Mg, Fe, Mn ][ 1+: Na, Li ]
- C: [ 4+: Ti, Zr ][ 3+: Al, Fe, Mn, Cr, V, Sc ][ 2+: Mg, Fe, Mn, Zn, Ni, Co ][ 1+: Li ]
- T: [ 4+: Si, Ti ][ 3+: Al, Be ]
- X: [ 2-: O ][ 1-: OH, F, Cl ]
- Names of (Mg,Al) end-member amphiboles are used as root names but Hastingsite (Fe,Al end-member), Arfvedsonite (Fe,Fe end-member),
and Riebeckite (Fe,Al end-member) are exceptional examples used as a root name.
- Katophorite, Taramite, and Sadanagaite have been
defined as (Fe,Al) end-member amphiboles before 2012 but they were redefined as (Mg,Al) end-member amphiboles.